End result: Spoilpox Scrivener

My Spoilpox Scrivener is done and dusted, with my first ever attempt at a display plinth / base.

Images seen below, will also be on twitter. At the end of the article I’ve done a bit of a self-review of how I think I went. You can skip to that after the images and look back at the WIP images here.



I might go back and put a label on the plinth at some point, but for now, done.

Spoilpox Scivener


The Base


Side views

My personal review

Overall I like it, but there’s a few things I need to keep in mind in future in my opinion:

  1. I did some zenithal layering right back at the start but I think I just ended up painting over it for the most part. I fell back to my regular style rather than persisting with something new.
  2. The water effects on the front went a bit funny. I think I need to use a smoother tape because it’s come away with a light texture on it which makes it not as transparent as I would like.
  3. Should have picked a different colour for the flowers I think. Not sure the yellow works.

If anyone has any criticism or advice they’d like to offer I would be happy to hear it. Shoot me a message on Twitter.

What’s next

Next up will be Captain-General Trajann Valoris. I didn’t get a chance to pick my pre-order up from my local store on the weekend as I was attending a tournament. I’ll grab him on Wednesday and get cracking with an aim to have him done before whatever the next release is!

As usual, thanks for reading!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s